I hope this email finds you well as we all manage through the current COVID-19 pandemic. It is clear with the signing of Executive Orders 107 and 108 that construction work in New Jersey may continue, subject to required telework/alternative work arrangements applicable to all businesses. In light of this, please click here for Littler’s recommendations for New Jersey contractors who will continue operating during this uncertain time. Points covered include:
- How to prevent the spread of the virus in your office, job trailers, vehicles, etc.
- What to do if an employee (field, shop or office) exhibits symptoms of illness (COVID-19 or otherwise)
- How to develop a response strategy if the jobs on which you are currently working shut down
- What do Pars. 10 and 11 of Executive Order 107 mean
- How will the rapid pace of legislation impact your business
The suggestions are offered to support your contracting business during this trying time. Please note that nothing in this email constitutes legal advice, and you are strongly urged to contact an attorney to insure that your COVID-19 protocol is appropriate to your specific facts and circumstances. Finally, if you need support with respect to anything addressed above, or with any element of your labor and employment law compliance, please feel free to contact the undersigned. In the interim, stay healthy, stay strong and recognize that by working together, we will get through this.
Russell J. McEwan, Shareholder
973.848.4742 direct | RMcEwan@littler.com
1085 Raymond Boulevard, 8th Floor, Newark, NJ 07102
For more information on how COVID-19 is affecting various aspects of employment law, and how different jurisdictions are addressing the outbreak, please visit Littler’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources for Employers.